Thursday, March 3, 2022

Doordash Making Dashers Take a Pic of Pizza Bag at Little Caesars

Ever since I updated my Doordash app a few weeks ago, it seems that I'm discovering and experiencing new things with Doordash. Some of these things are good things, but others have been a little annoying. This "New thing" that I am going to talk about here was not bad, but it could have been if I didn't have what Doordash was asking for.

 

 

Doordash asking for a pic of my pizza bag while picking up a Little Caesars Pizza order

As I was making a usual pick up at Little Caesars, I slid that I had arrived. Then I was unexpectedly greeted with a "Submit a photo of your pizza bag" message. I was walking into the front door of Little Caesars when I seen this message. I hadn't taken a pizza bag in with me and had to walk back to my car to take a picture of what they wanted.





During that 15 second walk, all I kept thinking is that my pizza bag better be in the car because I was not 100 percent certain it was. Sure enough, my Doordash insulated pizza bag was right their in the trunk of my car.






I took a picture of my pizza bag and sent it to Doordash

I clicked on the "Submit photo" link and was taken to my camera. I took a pic of my pizza bag. Then the app said:

 

"Pizza bag photo submitted - We'll verify your pizza bag using your photo. Continue with this order." (Pic shown above.)


What the heck! Is my pizza bag going to be under interrogation. Are they going to analyze my picture to make sure it's a legit pizza bag? At least I received permission to continue with my order. I'm joking around, but what if I didn't have my pizza bag?






What would Doordash have done if I didn't have my pizza bag?

Would I have been able to continue with my order? Something tells me "No," I think Doordash would have reassigned the order to another Dasher. I'm not sure about this, but I don't see Doordash giving a pass on this. With new strict laws going on within the food delivery industry, and Doordash making it mandatory that Dashers use a hot bag, they may be monitoring it a little bit.

 

 

Is Doordash only verifying pizza bags with Little Caesars or other restaurants too?

I have only experienced this at Little Caesars Pizza. It makes me wonder if the warmer bag verification happens at any other pizza joints. I know in my area the answer is no. It's only Little Caesars pick ups. Maybe Doordash and Little Caesars had a little talk and set this hot bag verification thing up. Who knows?






Dashers should make sure to carry their hot bags

Using your hot bag would be best. It's not a must that a Dasher carry it into the merchant, but keeping the customer's food in the warmer bag while in the car will always be a good thing. If you don't use it, you better at least carry it or face the consequences of not being able to verify. You may end up losing that Dash. Of course, I'm not sure about that. Heck, if you can't verify, maybe Doordash will send you a pizza bag. Does anybody out there know?



4 comments:

  1. A pizza shop i think it was Pizza Hut gave me a door dash pizza hot bag. It was free and unexpected. Maybe they just want to know who needs one. I think they give them to the merchants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The free pizza bags. Yes. In my area Little Caesars used to give them out. They don't anymore. When they did this, a worker would just ask you if you had a pizza bag. If you said no, they handed you one.

      Delete
  2. No one is looking at these pictures. I have a pizza bag but I just snap a picture of whatever is n front of camera. Haven’t been questioned by DoorDash yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you know when pizza bag is approved for the program? rhe thing wont let upload a pic it says to email the address which i did and got an automated reply about ppl waiting for a pizza bag who bought them and moved , yesterday a donatos order said pizza bag recommended, it never said that was wondering was my bag approved , it better be the dementions are bigger than what they list and it is thick its from sams clubf

    ReplyDelete