Thursday, May 16, 2019

Doordash Driver App Pausing on its Own

All experienced dashers know that when they want to pause their dash for whatever reason they may. During a shift, a dasher is given up to a total of 35 minutes of pausing time. It can all be at one time or it can split. If a dasher exceeds the 35 minute time limit they will lose their dashing schedule. It is a very simple and straight forward thing, but what happens when the Doordash app pauses you on its own? This is not a good thing. It is even worse when the dasher does not even know it happened because the Doordash app is in the background of their cell phone. I sometimes have to deal with this pausing problem, and it is very frustrating.





The Doordash app keeps pausing on its own


The Doordash app pausing on its own problem is an ongoing problem that a lot of dashers have had to deal with. It does not always happen, but it does happen frequently enough that the techs at Doordash really need to give a full effort in to fixing it. It is very annoying and frustrating for a dasher when they have to monitor that their dash is not being paused. There is enough to worry about, and this is not something that we should be expected to give attention to.






Why does the Doordash app keep pausing on its own?


Some dashers have said that their dash just pauses on its own without any other details. This gives me the impression that it just goes on a regular pause. When my Doordash app goes on pause, the Doordash app says:

We couldn't find your location, so you've been put on pause. Please ensure your GPS is working. Try moving to an area with better signal, or double check your location settings.


The reason that the Doordash app keeps pausing is because the Doordash techs need to figure out this glitch just like they need to figure out the so many other problems with the Doordash app. It is an ongoing problem that has been going on for a very long time.

Before giving up and just taking it as a glitch that will not be fixed any time soon, a dasher will want to try to help themselves by doing some of the things below. It is no guarantee that these things will work, but a dasher will surely want to try these things. When I am having the Doordash app pausing on its own problem, usually nothing works for me, and I just have to deal with the problem, but it is always worth a try.




 

What to do when the Doordash app keeps pausing by itself?


Okay, when getting a message like this you are naturally going to want to check your location settings and make sure that they are on. This should never be off, unless a person did so themselves, but there is usually no reason to turn this off, and if a person did so they would know that they did it. When I first started getting this message, I would turn my location settings off and back on hoping that it would help. I never did, but it is always worth a try.

You may be in a location where you are just getting a lousy Internet signal. If this is the case, you may need to move around. Drive away from where you are and see if it helps. Again, this never helped me.



 

You may also want to try to close the app and restart your phone. This many times will fix a lot of problems. Again, unfortunately with me this never helped the Doordash automatic pausing problem.

Ending your dash and picking up a new schedule may help. Usually it does not do anything, but I did this a few times and it actually did help.It is like the schedule is corrupted or something. I don't know, I'm no tech, but as I have said, a couple of times it did help and you may want to try it.







What I usually do when my Doordash app keeps pausing by itself


I will usually just deal with it. When this problem is going on, I will still get Doordash calls although it does seem like I get way less calls than normal. I never work Doordash alone, so I always have another app or two on at the same time. I will most always be busy making a delivery for one app or the other, and if I am busy with calls from other apps I will just leave the Doordash app on pause for a while. If I am not currently on any calls, and Doordash pauses me, I will immediately get off pause.


hyrecar

 

I have wrote to the reps at Doordash about the problem, and they of course do not know anything except for the scripts that Doordash supplies them with. In all honesty it is pretty pointless contacting them. The problem is not the location settings on a dasher's phone. If this was the case I would not get calls from all the other apps while sitting at the same spot that Doordash is telling I may have a bad Internet connection or that I am having location setting problems. The problem is not on our side, the Doordash app pausing on its own problem is all on Doordash side.


23 comments:

  1. Any luck on getting this fixed? My mom has an IPhone and I keeps pausing her when she decline's an order; I have an android and have never have this issue before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany. Thanks for your comment. There has not been a fix, but lately things have been a lot better. For me, it still happens once in a while, but not as frequently as in the past. Has not really been a bother to me at all lately. Also, you are right, it does seems to happen more often with IPhone. I have used both IPhone and Android myself and have also noticed this.

      Delete
  2. It's intentional when the market is slow. They just tell you it's a GPS failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I never thought of this. I don't think it is intentional, but as I said, very interesting thought.

      Delete
  3. I've been having the same problem with random pauses and no notification that they've done done so in my DoorDash app. In fact, I just received 3 texts in a row letting me know that I received an order, was going to have it reassigned if I didn't accept it, and that it was reassigned. Turns out that the app had paused itself AGAIN. Thanks DD for waiting until after you reassigned it to text me that I even had an order to begin with!
    When I called DD and spoke to the chinese woman who understood maybe half of what I said, I was told that it was a "system glitch". I can't wait for uber eats to come to my area, they pay better and you don't have to deal with bs app issues and selective scheduling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to the unexplainable pauses, I am having problems with the app acknowledging that I have picked up the delivery, or not acknowledging that I have delivered to the customer. Usually, I call in and the rep will reset the app. Yesterday, I delivered to the customer. The rep obviously did not speak English. Even while I repeatedly told her that my app was glitching and that I had delivered the order, she kept insisting that there was no proof that I did. She warned me that my standings would fail if I continued lying about delivering the order! I've been doing this for three years now. Never ran into anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! The rep told you to stop lying. That would have really pissed me off. One thing that a dasher has to remember though is that these reps really don't know much. They usually do not have a satisfactory answer for any problem that you have. They are not techs, and half of their responses are scripted copy and paste responses. It is kind of funny when they try to talk down to you as they did in your case. It does not surprise me that they could barely speak English. These reps are in a third world country and wish that they made what dashers in the USA earn. I may be getting too much into this now, but all I will say is keep your head up Bob and we are all just going to have to deal with all of these Doordash app glitches as Doordash never seems to have an answer for the problems. Take care!!

      Delete
  5. Similar response here. My GPS is working fine, but they cannot keep track of me on their end, and so it disconnects/pauses. I had the rep tell me that I was going the wrong way when I wasn't, then say to me "just be sure to complete the delivery, or it will be assigned to another Dasher." I was 20 minutes ahead of the pick-up time and standing in the restaurant! They were simply clueless and didn't want to admit it. They sent me six different instructions (including "turn airplane mode on for 15 seconds, then off again" and turn airplane mode on for thirty seconds and then off again," in a text with no punctuation. Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say but sometimes the Doordash reps are not very helpful at all, and we are on our own.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, this is not a well-run operation. After reading many of these posts, I'm a little relieved to know that many others experience the same frustrating problems that I experience, but more than the relief I feel disappointment in how poorly the whole operation is administered. It's not even worth my time, the orders are so low anyway. I'm logging off and deleting the apo

      Delete
  6. My app has been pausing every 10 minutes on its own every single day for about a month. I have called about my issue with no solution yet. Also, it seems to not know my location at times and when I try to uninstall or refresh the app, I have trouble logging back in. At this point, I spend more time trying to troubleshoot than making money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to reinstall the app multiple times. It seems to happen when an order gets texted at the exact time I try to refresh the app (which I now do on EVERY delivery since it will pause me otherwise).Also the take a photo component is useless so I always say I handed it to the customer. Funny how they want the app to record data and because of all of our workarounds the data is completely corrupted.

      Delete
    2. Hey im having same problem its my dash is going on pause on its own and i reset my phone too but still problem is there lemme know if you can help me out

      Delete
  7. I have this issue a lot and as far as i can tell its definitely a gps issue. Especially if you multi app and disable location for an app so your customers don't question why you were in another area. I have a 97 percent on time rating. But sometimes even if its early customers ask i saw you were on the other side of town. Did you make a pit stop. Just easier to turn location off until I am close if im delivering multiple orders from different apps. Anyway force stop the app in settings and restart the phone always works for me. Every time i get the pauses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally intentional. Not enough orders, too many dashers. They want to deactivate me cause I'm so unstoppable. Other dashers don't stand a chance when I dash. They try to pause my dominance, but I keep on dashing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been getting paused ALLLLLLL day long today, and I will get a text saying I have an order (which makes no sense, if I've been paused) then when I go to accept the order its not on my "dasher" screen to accept. then 30 seconds later another text saying we could not send you this order, its been sent to someone else ! this is beyond infuriating because the days I dash are the only days I have available and my time is limited so when I have the time, I need to accept as many as possible in this time frame, but they are testing me right now big time...of course I call and the nice man with a very thick accent says to reset my internet/WIFI, but I told him, its not that, and he has nothing else to say..... just try it he says and call back if you get paused again - here's the thing tho, if I was paused, how would I be getting orders texted to me??? There are many evenings I get zero calls all night and now I am wondering if this has been the problem, I mean not ONE call....very unusual on a Friday or Saturday night ( normally the most busy). this is beyond comprehension to me. They need to get it together !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So as dashers we makeup their employee base. We are the common denominator. We hold the power! If we all band together and stopped working for doordash they would make no money and fail as a company. So I say work for other delivery services and when doordash higher hips decide they want to fix their company, then maybe, just maybe we will come back... not likely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I contacted door dash and was assured I am the only dasher who has reported this issue, and that it must be my location settings or internet connection. This reminds me of the days when professionals in the medical industry told people with PTSD that it was "all in your head."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lies. I reported this to support and they gave me a bunch of cookie cutter responses and finally broke down and told me that they do not possess the tools to fix my issue. I screenshotted everything to put it onto social media how they treat the drivers.

      Delete
  12. The third time I called about this issue I was placed on hold for over 45 minutes. I hung up and called again, asking for a supervisor. I was asked who it was I had spoken to on the previous call. I said it doesn't matter, since you people don't give your real names anyway. I was placed on hold to wait for a supervisor. Several minutes later, I was told no supervisor was available, but that one would contact me soon. That was May 21, 4pm. It's now May 22nd, 4am. Still no call from a supervisor. These people are worthless. They're just butts in a chair that regurgitate pre-canned paragraphs off a computer screen. What a sham.

    ReplyDelete

  13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNxrLwC3L8&list=UU87249ZRIjBEqFs6iuawwAg&index=11

    This is all Doordash does to me and all I get from Doordash is gaslighting. They already claimed me being transgender and legally changing my name violates their safety protocols and it seems one thing after another. Their app is detecting my location so that gaslighting won't work. This just needs to be unblocked and the unlawful discrimination needs to end!

    ReplyDelete