Thursday, May 16, 2019

Doordash: Dashing in Walnut / Diamand Bar

The 60 freeway is the major freeway that runs through the Walnut / Diamond Bar area. Dashers that deliver food in this region will find themselves delivering to Walnut, Diamond Bar, the city of Industry, Rowland Heights, parts of Hacienda Heights, parts of Pomona, Valinda and La Puente. Major streets in the area will be Azusa Ave., Valley Blvd., Diamond Bar Blvd. and Colima Rd.

Dashers that stick to the west side of the region will become very familiar with the Puente Hills Mall. There are many restaurants in this area that Doordash works with. If a dasher works on the east side of the region, Diamond Bar Blvd and Grand Ave. will be the two main streets that they will stick around.





Good things about dashing in the Walnut / Diamond Bar region


Although I rarely dash in the Walnut / Diamond Bar region anymore, it was one of the first regions that I ever dashed in, and I learned 90 percent of what I know about dashing while dashing in this region. This was many many years ago, and I still dash over there once in a big while, but not too often since I relocated.

Calls are plentiful in the Walnut / Diamond Bar region, and a dasher will definitely be busy all day. It is always best for a dasher to choose whether they will work the west side of the region or the east side. Those that prefer the west side will spend a lot of time around the Puente Hills Mall area. Whenever a Doordash order is received, the merchant is usually very close. This is a big plus as dashers rarely have to drive very far to pick up the food. Delivery locations are also usually close which makes the region a great place to dash.






One of the things that makes the Walnut / Diamond Bar region a good place to dash is that south of the Puente Hills Mall, South of Colima Rd., are areas with residential housing that dashers frequently deliver to. Beyond these residential areas is the 575-acre Peter F. Schabarum Regional Park which covers a very large area. This limits how far south one can go. The deliveries south of the mall are never far. Most deliveries will be north of the Puente Hills Mall and will usually not be farther than Amar Rd. Deliveries east of the Puente Hills Mall will slightly be in the Hacienda Heights area. The pay for the region is good for amount of work and distance of the calls. Although there is sometimes $5.50 calls, it is rare as most calls will pay between $7 and $9. Every once in a while a dasher will be offered $10 or more.

If a dasher wants to increase their chance of receiving an over guaranteed, it would be best for them to stick around BJs, Benihana, Outback Steakhouse or other similar type restaurants which are all located around the Puente Hills Mall. I have gotten quite a few nice over guarantees from thee merchants in the past.






Bad things about dashing in the Walnut / Diamond Bar region


For dashers that like to take every call that comes their way, the Walnut / Diamond Bar region can be a real roller coaster. This is why I advise for a dasher to choose whether they are going to work the east side or the west side of the region. Those that choose to work the east side of the region will spend most of their time around Diamond Bar Blvd. or around the intersection of Grand and Valley. The east side is just as promising as the west side and will have just as many calls, and I have very much enjoyed working the east side. Diamond Bar is a very beautiful area, and anybody would enjoy dashing there.

The problem is that if a dasher takes every call that they are offered, they will be driving back and forth from the west to east and east to west all day. This is never a good thing, and I learned that this was not the way to operate in this region. Instead, you will have to pick your spots to make the most amount of money.


FreeTaxUSA Box 300x250

 

The Walnut / Diamond Bar area is also home to two of the worst Doordash merchants ever. Of course this is my personal opinion based on my past experiences. I will start out with Buffalo Wild Wings which is located at Puente Hills. I used to stop by Buffalo Wild Wings at least once a day, and I probably made a hundred pick ups from there. The average wait time had to be around 20 minutes. I remember one time waiting a whole hour for an order. At first I thought it was just me, but after talking to other dashers, it was everybody. The customer service is also the worst that you can ever experience. I have never seen such an unprofessional place in my life. You stand there waiting for help, and the workers will ignore you and walk right past you. All of this comes from terrible management. I know that it is not just me though as I spent enough time sitting there waiting to have seen the frustration of customers. Sometimes these customers would really let the restaurant know how they feel.

The other merchant that I am going to mention here is Benihana. This is strange because Benihana was always one of my favorite places to eat. As far as picking up Doordash orders from them is concerned, it is a whole different story. The frustration with picking up from Puente Hills Benihana is the amount of time that you will spend their waiting. Benihana is very slow with their Doordash orders. It does not matter if the customer orders only a bowl of rice. A dasher will be sitting their waiting for a half hour. Over time, I eventually had it with both Buffalo Wild Wings and Benihana. Whenever I received a Doordash offer for these two merchants it was an automatic decline.





How much should you expect to earn for an eight hour shift dashing in Walnut / Diamond Bar?


If a dasher puts in an eight hour shift from 8am to 5pm, their earning will most likely be around $80. Drivers are usually kept busy, but there are times when a dasher will experience a lengthy down time which can sometimes be over an hour. Even if a dasher goes this long without a call, decent pay in this region will help a dasher be around that $80 mark.





How much should you expect to earn for a full day of dashing in Walnut / Diamond Bar?


A dasher that gave a full day and night effort could earn $180 in one day. Most of the time that will not happen though and a dasher will end up at around the $150 mark. This is of course if a dasher worked from 8am to midnight. Dashers in the Walnut / Diamond Bar area will notice that the calls come in pretty late; especially on the weekends. Even though most dashers would not give an effort like this, it is nice knowing that if $150 was needed tomorrow for an important bill, it can be done.






Honorable Mentioned Experience


There was a certain house in the region that was the home of some very strange characters. The house was located south of Batson Ave. and Aguiro St. In this area Batson turned into an unpaved dirt road. The first time that I delivered there I was kind of spooked. It was late at night and very dark with no street lights anywhere. The only light around was an 1800s type lantern thing tied to the front gate. Also, the only way to know the address was a piece of cardboard with the address hand written on it with a thick black marker.





I walked up the long driveway because I seen a lady standing outside the house. As I got closer and said hello, she just started humming real loud and pointing to the front door of the house which was closed. Her eyes were bulging really big, and she looked very uncomfortable. Even though I could knock this lady out with one punch, she scared the crap out of me. On the front door was another hand written sigh that said "Drop off food on the chair." There was a chair sitting right in front of the front door. I placed the food on the chair and got the hell out of there. The whole time the weird lady continued humming and staring at me while looking uncomfortable at the same time.

I ended delivering there about five more times, but every future Doordash drop off was in the day time while the sun was out. Even in the day time the property was spooky. I began to pull up my car into the driveway now and drive as close as I could to the front door. I would jump out the car quick, put the food on that chair and leave quickly. One time I let curiosity get the best of me, and I knocked on the door. I wanted to see who the man was that was ordering the food. My knock was welcomed by a knock back at me from the inside. That was enough for me to leave. I'll tell you one thing though. Every delivery to this house ended with a nice "Over Guaranteed."


hyrecar

 

The explanation point about this house came when another dasher very close to me made a delivery there. As she was delivering at the front door she heard multiple women screaming in the house. Then she heard hard banging going on in there. She knocked on the door and a voice that sounded like a sweet old man said "You can just drop off the food on the chair." As he was saying this, the two women are screaming "No, no, no, please."

I know some will think this may have just been some abuse going on, but it was much more than that. It was some evil spooky crap. We called the cops to let them know what was going on. For some reason we got the vibe that they didn't take the whole situation serious. If they checked it out, we were never told anything about it and that was that.



No comments:

Post a Comment