Thursday, December 14, 2017

Doordash Driver - Bad experience at Rubios

Just earlier today, I wrote a post about how some restaurants are slow and will waste your time as you sit there a long time waiting for the food. Well, it happened to me just a few hours ago, and I was steaming. I had a lot going on today, and it wasn't really going to be a dashing day, but since I was taking care of some personal business and was driving to the Post Office, I decided to log on since my region was red.





I was able to get a 6pm to 8:30pm Doordash shift, and I did not get a call until 8pm. Yes, two hours without a call. I did not mind though since I was out and about running some errands. Besides the Post Office, I had to stop at the pet store, the supermarket and get some Lil Caesars Pizza for my kids.




The beginning of my terrible Rubios expereince


At 8pm I get the ping to go to Rubios. Arrival time at the restaurant supposed to be 8:20pm and delivery time supposed to be 8:45. I get to Rubios at 8:30pm (10 minutes after my expected arrival time) and let them know that I am from Doordash and that I am here to pick up an order for so and so. I'm thinking since I am a little bit late here that it should be ready. The girl says okay and that it will be a few minutes. I'm thinking why wasn't this food ready for me when I arrived? Maybe they are running a bit behind. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt here, but in the back of my mind I was thinking that this wasn't a good sign.

Five minutes goes by. Then ten minutes goes by. Before you know it, I have been there waiting for 20 minutes. Clearly frustrated, I ask another girl who works there if my order is ready. She asks if my order has already been placed. I tell here that I sure hope so because it is a Doordah order, and it is their responsibility as Doordash places the order directly to them. I then tell her that I let the other girl know 20 minutes ago. She tells me okay and that it will be ready soon.





One bad employee is all it takes to give a restaurant a bad name


I begin to look closer at the cooks in the back, and I notice that they are barely starting to cook the food. The idiotic girl that I originally spoke to did not do a damn thing about the order. She never let anybody know that I was there to pick up the order. A complete moron! Rubios is now on my shit list of restaurants when it comes to Doordash pick-ups. At least that's how I feel right now. Honestly, I have probably picked up from this restaurant six or seven times before, and I never had a problem. I'm hoping this was just a one time occurrence. If I get a call for a Rubios pick-up again, I am going to take it. If an occurrence like this happens again, Rubios is going on my permanent shit list, and I will not be taking any orders for them again.




Communicating with Doordash customer is important


While I was at Rubios, the customer had called me, and I let here know the deal with this restaurant. She completely understood the situation. By the time I received the food and was on my merry way, I had been sitting at Rubios for a half hour. You could tell that the girl who gave me my food felt bad, because she offered me a free soda which I declined.



No comments:

Post a Comment