Thursday, December 14, 2017

How to set up your Doordash schedule

This post is written with the new Dasher in mind. Those of you that have been active dashers surely already know how to set up your schedule, and it is nothing complicated. For new Dashers, I would like to share some information that may help you out. I know that when I first started dashing scheduling was a bit confusing. Hopefully this will help out.

Having a schedule in place will guarantee that you can dash during set hours on a certain day. It should be noted that schedules are set up a week in advance. This means during the first week, a dasher will most likely not have a schedule and will have to rely on the Dash-Now option which we will talk about in a minute. Once a dasher starts regularly making daily schedules, they should eventually have a desired schedule for all of their upcoming days.





The Doordash Dash-Now option


Before we talk about scheduling a dash schedule, it should be known that a dasher does not necessarily need a schedule to begin work. Although it is best to have a working schedule set up and in place, a dasher can sometimes just jump on and start working anytime they want by using the Dash-Now option.

To use the Dash-Now option the desired region must be pink or red in color. If the region is grey, no help is needed, and a dasher cannot just jump on via the Dash Now option. A pinkish or red colored region denotes that help is needed in the region. Because of this, Doordash is allowing dashers to jump on and begin working right away.

The Dash-Now option is great for those that don't have a schedule but want to work. Please note that just because a region is grey at one moment doesn't mean it will be in five minutes. A dasher wanting to use Dash-Now will need to monitor their Doordash app so they can see when their desired region gets hot.




Sometimes the Dash-Now option will open up due to other dashers losing their schedule because they did not log in, and that schedule will open up for anybody to pick up. Using the Dash-Now option takes a lot of monitoring of the app and is never a guarantee. Sometimes you can get on, but there are times when a whole hour or more goes by and the desired region will stay grey.

There are other dashers looking to get a schedule with Dash-Now for that same day also, and when it appears on everybody's phone at the same time they may beat you to it. Fighting for same day schedules with the Dash-Now option can sometimes be challenging. The opened up schedule is usually gone in q second or two. As I've said, constant monitoring of the app will be needed if you really want to get a schedule with Dash-Now.



Scheduling your Doordash Shifts


Let's talk about scheduling your Doordash shifts. Scheduling your dashes is very important if you want to maintain a set schedule for yourself. Schedules for a certain day open up one week ahead of that day. For example, during Wednesday night I will set my schedule for next Tuesday. Thursday night I will set my schedule for the upcoming Wednesday. I do this every night to make sure that I have a set schedule throughout the week.

It is best to get your schedule as soon as possible so that you have a lot of options. If you take too long to get your schedule, other dashers will take them and your options will be limited. For example, let's pretend that I never scheduled myself to work for this week. Remember, I would have had to set these schedules all throughout last week. Again though, let's pretend that I didn't. As I write this post it is Thursday. As I look on the schedule, there is nothing available for Thursday.

If I didn't have a schedule, and I wanted to dash today, the only way I could dash is to wait for an area to get hot and then use the "Dash Now" option. Looking at Friday and Saturday, the only schedule available is midnight to 1:30am. Sunday there is nothing available. On Monday, the midnight to 1:30am shift is available, and Tuesday there are a few broken up shifts available which are 10:30am to noon time and 5:50pm to 6pm.Why is there limited schedules available on Doordash? Because when the schedules open up, dashers are quick to get their shifts as soon as possible.




I have all day schedules available for everyday this upcoming week. That does not mean that I will work the full shifts for each day. Once you lock in a full day schedule, you can edit the schedule. For example, if I get a 6:30am shift to 11pm, I can then edit it to start anytime I want. Maybe I want to work from 3pm to 11pm. I will then edit my schedule, and when I do this, it will open up 6:30am to 3pm which some other dasher can take. You can also edit your end time. Using the same example, maybe I want to work only from 6:30am to 12 noon. I can set my schedule to end at 12 noon which would open up a noon time to 11pm schedule for another dasher to pick up.

Another thing to note here is that you can set up the locations that you want to see schedules for. When I first started dashing, I had five different location set up. These were the locations that I was willing to work. Eventually, I found that I only wanted to work in my one certain region and that is now the only location I have set up to see the schedule for. It makes it easier for me when the schedules open up so that I am not looking at other region's schedules which may mix me up when I am getting my schedule.

Setting up a Doordash schedule is not mandatory to dash, but it is highly advisable. There have been times when I did not get a schedule for a certain day, and I was not able to work the amount of hours that I wanted to. I was able to dash, but again, I was not guaranteed to work the certain hours that I wanted. If you are open to work multiple regions, you stand a better chance at getting the schedule that you want. I think that I covered the basics here, and everything anybody needs to know, but I am going to expand the Doordash schedule information here to maybe make scheduling even easier for you.




What time do Doordash schedules open up?


This changes from time to time. Currently, as of February, 2023, the time that Doordash schedules open up is 12:00 a.m. Yes, at midnight the schedules will open up for dashers. Again, those looking to get a schedule must have their phone in hand and ready to battle everybody else. Schedules go very fast and you are going to want to get your desired schedule and not be left in the dust.



 

What time does the Doordash early access schedules open up?


Those dashers that have qualified for early access scheduling will have the Doordash schedules available to them earlier than a regular dasher. Early access scheduling is available at 3 p.m. Only those with early access will be able to see the schedules at this time. Regular dashers will not have access to schedules until midnight. The early access program rewards dashers that have met certain criteria. Gaining access to this program greatly increases the chances of a dasher getting their desired schedule.


What time does the Doordash top rated dasher schedule open up?


Those that have earned the ranking of being a top rated dasher on Doordash do not currently have to worry about schedules as they can dash any time that they want. Although there are other benefits to becoming a top rated dasher, the dash when you want reward is certainly the aspiration for a dasher to become a top rated dasher. A top rated dasher can log on to any region and work any time that they want. It does not matter what color a region is. The criteria to become a top rated dasher is very high and only those dashers that mean the criteria become top rated dashers.


No comments:

Post a Comment