Friday, February 9, 2018

The Benefits of Having Doordash Regions

One of the best things that Doordash has over their competitors is their creation of regions. When viewing the Doordash app, regions are broken down in to territories. Some regions are small, while other regions are large. This is terrific for drivers because they know that they will generally not have to deliver food to a customer that is 20 miles away. When receiving a call, the merchant and the customer are both usually located in the region, and the driver will not have to travel very far. With that said, there are times when the customer is located out of the region, but usually they will be in a neighboring region and not be very far from the driver's region.


doordash regions pic
Sample pic of how Doordash regions display on the Doordash app. The white lines separate the regions.

 

Always working the same Doordash region


When I first started dashing, I didn't know exactly how scheduling worked. I had a vague idea about it, but I didn't know when schedules were released. Whenever I looked at the Doordash schedule, it seemed like everything was taken up. Luckily, I eventually learned much more about scheduling.

Like most people, I wanted to dash around the area that I reside, but there were no openings for me. Being anxious to get out there, I seen that a neighboring region was red, and I ended up jumping on with the dash-now option. I quickly learned that I could not officially start dashing until I was physically in that region, but in this neighboring city is where I ended up doing my first dashes. It would not last long though as I learned how to consistently work in my home town region.





I'm a dasher that always works the same region. It's nice logging in and getting that first call from home and continuing from there. No need to drive someplace else to start your shift. I know where all of the restaurants are when I get a call. I never get lost looking for a restaurant or a customer as I am very familiar with the entire area. I don't even need to put on my GPS half the time. You also get to know many of the customers that you routinely drop off to. The same goes with the merchants. You see the same people at the restaurants when you pick up the food, and they recognize you when you walk in. They know what you're there for. There are many advantages to working the same region everyday.




Dashers that work multiple regions


I give props to dashers that schedule themselves to work different regions. These dashers gain valuable knowledge that other dashers don't have. In other words, they know where the money is at. There is naturally going to be regions that are more busy, have higher paying calls and that have customer's that tip better. These dashers know where those places are, and most of them are not likely to share what they know with you. Why would they? The less dashers in those areas, the better for them.




Experimenting with other Doordash regions


I would advise any dasher to experiment with other regions besides their home region. Sure, as I mentioned earlier, there are many benefits of routinely dashing in your home town region, but we have to remember that it is all about making money. Learn where the money is at. After some experimenting, you will have this knowledge and will certainly end up having your favorite regions.

Working different regions will also help you from getting bored. You won't be visiting the same restaurants and seeing the same people on a daily basis. Everyday will seem exciting and new to you as you work different regions. In the upcoming months, I hope to get out of my comfort zone and get out there to find the better paying regions. The amount of money that can be earned in a full day's dash in my region has fallen by 50 percent. In the past, it was expected to make $150 to $200 per day. Now, there are days when $100 is a struggle. There has got to be better paying regions out there!


2 comments:

  1. Good info, ty, I am just learning about what to do to make enough money, a full time job, I like what you write, ty frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment. My advice to you is to never put all of your peas in one pot. Dashing is great, and you can actually make much more than a lot of people do at regular jobs, but you should always be reaching for something better in life and never settling. As I have said, you can make some good money delivering for Doordash, but never lose any ambition to reach your other goals in life.

    ReplyDelete