Wednesday, June 19, 2019

How Doordash Drivers can Make Money With Their Restaurant Receipts

A long while back I had written an article that I called "Doordash - What to do with all those restaurant receipts." The idea to write that article came to me when I realized that my car was becoming a mess with receipts thrown everywhere. I ended up disciplining myself enough to stay receipt mess free, but about six months ago I found a way to make a little bit extra money with all of my Doordash receipts.

There is a company out there that will pay you for every receipt that you take a picture of and send to them. It is really one of the simplest things that you can do. Are you going to earn a full-time income selling your receipts, of course you won't. You can make a good chunk of extra change every day though that you otherwise wouldn't have.






What company pays you for your receipts?


The name of the company is Coinout. It is an app that you download on to your phone. It is compatible with both Android and IOS. I have been using Coinout for the past seven months and enjoy the extra money that I earn every single day for just sending pictures of my receipts.

Once you have the app installed, the only information that you will have to provide to get started is your cell phone number. Once this is submitted, a verification code will need to be acknowledged and you will be good to go. You will then have the ability to submit pics of your receipts and get paid for every single one.






Will Coinout pay me for all of my Doordash receipts?


They definitely will. As long as the receipt is not over two weeks old, they will pay you for the receipt. The receipt must show the store name, date of the transaction, the items bought and the amount of money spent. The receipt must also be readable. This means if you crumble up receipts and throw them in your pocket for a couple of days and then try to submit them they may not work. As long as they are readable you will be okay. The system will let you know if a receipt is not readable. I'm guessing that the receipt has to be in really bad shape because I have had some abused receipts go through just fine.

The advantage that Doordash drivers have here over your normal everyday person is that we receive a lot of receipts. This is especially true of full-time dashers that may receive 15 or so receipts every single day. Whether a dasher receives only two or 20 receipts each day doesn't make a difference though as it is cash back for free.

I will tell you this though. Many Doordash partnered merchants will give dashers a receipt that does not have all of the information needed. The receipts many times will not qualify. I never submit these receipts.

The best receipts are the ones that you receive from merchants where you have to place your own order. These receipts almost always have all of the information on them that is needed to be a valid receipt. Again though, don't automatically think it qualifies without looking at it. There is a merchant in my area that only hands over a small receipt that shows the amount spent. There is no other information on it.


How much will Coinout Pay me for scanning my receipts?


The amount that you will receive for each receipt varies. One receipt may pay you five cents, another may pay you ten cents and another one may pay you a quarter. Every time you take a picture of a receipt and submit it you will see your money added to your balance instantly. The amount that you are credited with for each receipt is not based on which store the receipt is from, the amount spent or anything like that. Coinout will pay you a different amount for each receipt, and you can add it all up at the end of the day if you like. It's free money in the bank!



Will Coinout pay me for my own personal receipts?


Of course they will. Basically all of the receipts that you will be submitting from Doordash will be restaurants. Don't ever hesitate to submit your own personal receipts. If you shop at the supermarket, buy a few items at your local convenience store, but a few auto parts for your vehicle or anything else you purchase from anywhere, be sure to submit those receipts.

As I mentioned earlier, Doordash drivers have a special advantage that others don't have. Dashers get more receipts in a day than many people get all week. Doordash drivers can really make a nice little side hustle here. It only takes a few seconds to submit a receipt. You can submit each receipt as you get them and then throw them away, or you can save all the receipts until the end of the day and submit them all at once.


What else should I know about Coinout?


Don't ever try to submit a receipt more than once. If they catch you doing this they may block your account. With that said, be careful because even if you do this on accident, I don't know how easy or difficult it is to explain the goof-up to the company, but it would be best no not ever put yourself in a situation where you have to contact them for duplicate receipts.

Receiving your payment is easy. When your balance reaches an amount that you are happy to cash out with, you can receive your payment directly to your bank or purchase gift cards. I have personally cashed out twice and both times I had the money deposited directly in to my bank account.

If you are ready to sign up and earn extra money for your receipts please click here.

If you join then I welcome you aboard. Small change adds up quickly, but if you are a dasher small change adds up even faster. Happy dashing!



2 comments:

  1. Customers of Doordash may become upset if they try to scan their own receipts and each time they due they find out it's already been scanned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’m a doordash customer and am pissed that my receipts seem to be getting scanned by drivers. It’s not their receipt to scan.

      Delete