Friday, September 4, 2020

Doordash Customer Shoots Gun at Doordash Driver

A lady from Wyandott, MI has been charged with assault and intent to commit murder after shooting a gun at her Doordash delivery driver. The lady, who first attempted to fire the gun when she was only 10 feet away from the Doordash driver has been identified as Michelle York. The gun misfired during her first two attempts but fired the third time. Luckily for the victim, Ricky Johnson, he was already in his vehicle and she missed him.

 


Michelle York and family waiting for Doordash driver on their porch

The victim stated that the customer had ordered $10 worth of McDonald's food. He also stated that Michelle York had called him while he was doing his pick up and could tell that she was intoxicated. When he arrived at her house, Michelle York, a man and a child about 10 years old were waiting on the porch.



Doordash customer angry and ready to curse out Doordash driver

When Ricky Johnson walked up to the porch, Johnson stated that Michelle York started cursing at him. He then said that he handed them the food and tried to walk away but York punched him in the back. That's when York walked into her house and came back out with her pistol. By the time she succeeded in firing the gun Johnson was already in his vehicle with the police on the telephone.


Doordash drivers main concern was the child

It has been reported that when Wyandotte Police arrived the main concern of Johnson was the child. Johnson told the cops that he hoped the child was okay. The police arrested York without any further incidents.

According to Johnson, the delivery was early, the food was hot and the shakes were cold. Johnson's request to future Doordash customers was "Just not to shoot at me and leave your porch light on at night."

 

There has to be more to this story Doordash shooting story

By me saying that I believe that there is more to this story, do not think for one minute that I condone anything that this idiotic lady did. I don't give a damn what the driver said or did, if he did at all, she should not have ran her mouth or worse yet physically attacked this Doordash driver. I'm a dasher and trust me when I say that this kind of stuff should never happen to any gig driver. The incident could have been much worse and luckily the Doordash driver was not actually shot and injured or worse yet killed.



Why was this Doordash Customer so Angry?

After hearing about this story I feel that there is more to it than has been shared. The lady seems to already have been angry with her Doordash driver before he arrived and seems to have been waiting for him to let him have of piece of her mind. I mean, as he walks up she is already cursing at him and calling him names.

He did the right thing by just handing them the food and walking away, and hopefully he did not say anything to piss the lady off even more to make her want to go inside and get her gun because I'm thinking that if she wanted to initially use her gun on this Doordash driver then she probably would have had it ready for him when he arrived. Something tells me that this Doordash driver probably said something to anger this idiotic woman even more, and that drove her to want to get her gun.


Why was she angry in the first place though? It's irrational to think that anybody would just start cursing at a Doordash driver as he's walking up and then punch them as they are walking away. Sure, I know she had been drinking, alcohol does give people a short fuse sometimes, but it does not make them turn into a complete lunatic. I believe that she was angry at this driver for her own reasons. Maybe the alcohol triggered that anger 10X more than what it should have been, but this Doordash driver definitely was not on her good side, and she was waiting for him to let him know that.

 

 

Could this Doodash driver have been shot at because he was very late?

Why would a Doordash customer get so angry before a Doordash driver has even arrived? The only thing that makes sense to me is that this Doordash driver was late. I know that Johnson stated that he was early and if that is true it makes my point here invalid, but being really late is the only reason that I can think of why a Doordash customer would be so angry with a driver before they arrived.

Here is a possibility, and I have to share a past experience to explain. Years ago, I had accepted a dash. Less than 5 seconds later my phone rings. I answered it and a lady is yelling at me asking me why her order is so late. I told her that I just accepted her order, and she continued to yell at me and told me that she has been waiting for her order for 3 hours and that we talked an hour ago.

This told me that this lady most likely had a couple of drivers that had already dropped her order, and it was eventually assigned to me. What did I do? I dropped the order too! I wasn't going to deliver this order that was already 3 hours old to an angry customer. I did not want to have to deal with that.



The reason that I have used this example of a past experience that I have had is that it is a possibility that this happened to Ricky Johnson. Maybe as far as he in concerned he did nothing wrong. He quickly delivered fresh food to a customer that was already angry and took it out on him. He would have no idea what this lady was waiting forever for her food, and she would have no idea that he just barely got the order and did a great speedy job delivering it.

Of course I am speculating, but as I have said, there just seems to be more to this story. I mean, it is reported that when the police arrived the Doordash driver's main concern was for the safety of the kid. Really? Come on! The kid is safe with who I believe was his mom and dad. Sure, the suspect was drinking and their household has a gun, but that does not mean the kid is in danger. The only one in danger was the Doordash driver.

Protect yourself when doing late night dashes

Everybody will have their own opinion on this, but I do believe that most people will agree with me on this one. When dashing late at night a dasher should always have protection with them. There is just too many crazy people in this world like Michelle York. Even if you were to piss off a Doordash customer, they have no right to ever physically or verbally abuse you. You always have a right to protect yourself.

What kind of protection should you have? It all depends on you and what you feel comfortable with. I am not saying that every Doordash driver out there should be carrying a .45 Revolver or anything like that. Some Doordash drivers may not feel comfortable with a gun or may not have ever shot a gun before, and we certainly don't want to hear any stories about Doordash drivers shooting themselves.



Also, there are many gun laws that vary by state. In California, where I am from, and most other states, you cannot just drive around with a loaded gun under the driver's seat. It doesn't matter if you have a permit. A gun needs to be unloaded in the trunk and locked in a locked container.

A stun gun would be great to carry. If not maybe some pepper spray mace. Some may feel comfortable with a small knife. Again, whatever a person is comfortable with. Would a weapon have helped out Ricky Johnson? Who knows. But we also have to always remember that sometimes having a weapon can make a situation way worse, and you will be the one in trouble with the law.

With all of that said, I would advise anybody that if they do not feel comfortable making a delivery it is probably best to not do it. I mean, even if I am armed with my pistol, I am not delivering to the projects at 11 p.m. Sure, I know something could happen in a good neighborhood too and even in the day time, but if I know that a certain housing project is ran by a gang, and there is always drugs and crime in that neighborhood I am not making the delivery. A customer's little bag of food is not worth risking my life, and having a gun or other weapon is no guarantee of complete safety.



No comments:

Post a Comment