Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Why is Dasher so slow?

As Doordash drivers, when we log in to work, we expect to receive delivery opportunity pings on our phone. Of course, this is usually what happens, but we all know that there are times when we find ourselves sitting around waiting for a call. This can be frustrating and have us wondering if this whole Doordash delivery thing is even worth our time. We can certainly be doing better things with our time!


Why is Doordash so slow?

There can be a few reasons why Doordash is not giving you any calls. The most obvious reason is that there are just not any calls to give you. It happens, and Doordash cannot just magically give you calls if nobody is ordering any food. This is more likely to happen in rural areas or small regions. Those in large metropolitan areas such as Los Angles, New York City or Chicago will have a less likelihood of this happening.

Another possible reason is that there are just too many Dashers on the road. If the amount of Dashers on the road surpasses the amount of calls there is, there won't be enough calls to keep all Dashers busy. That means that you may be sitting around for a while waiting for a delivery opportunity.




What do do when Doordash is not giving you any calls

First, you are going to want to log out, close your app and restart your phone. I know that this sounds like something a clueless Dasher representative might tell you, but I will tell you from personal experience that at times it may work. 

There was a time when I made a couple of deliveries like normal. Then, I had some family business to take care of around the neighborhood. I had my family with me, and after about an hour, I noticed that I never logged out. It had me thinking that I would have just been sitting around a parking lot waiting for a call if I wasn't busy. I decided to just leave it on and see if any calls would come in.

Guess what? I did not receive one call in about five hours! I was so glad I was busy with the family. I then took the already mentioned steps, restarted my phone, logged back in and just like that I was receiving calls left and right. So yes, sometimes a simple reboot of the system will help.

When it is just slow and there are no technical issues, I would advise to multi-app. Depending on one app is never a good idea. When you multi-app, there is far less chance that you will be sitting around. In fact, by multi-apping you should never be sitting around.




Doordash does not pick on Dashers

Don't ever think that Doordash is picking on you and just not sending you any orders purposely. Putting any technical issues aside, if it is slow and you are not receiving any orders, then chances are that every other Dasher in your region is experiencing the same thing. Doordash does not favor some Dashers over others. Of course they have the whole preferred Dasher thing by giving priority to those with deserving stats, but that is another story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment