Monday, December 25, 2017

Driving for Doordash Extra Pay on Christmas

I was debating if I would do any dashing on Christmas day. The day is almost over, and I did not do any dashing today. I do not remember the last time I had a day when I did not do at least one dash. 

Honestly, I am glad that I did not dash today as I relaxed, watched a movie with the family and got some extra sleep. I have glimpsed at the Doordash app a few times throughout the day to see if it was hot in my area and it never was. My region did not even offer any extra pay on Christmas day unlike some of the other nearby regions that are offering an extra $1, $2 or $3 bonus per delivery.

Speaking of the extra pay bonus, I did take advantage of the extra pay bonus that Doordash was offering on Christmas Eve. On this day, I also debated if I should dash or not, and I was leaning on not dashing, but I eventually logged on and thought that I might as well do a few.

Once I got out there, I ended up getting call after call and ended up doing more than what I thought. I ended up doing six dashes. Five of them earned me the Doordash extra bonus pay, and the sixth one did not as the bonus time had ended. I ended up making $53 in about three hours and called it a day.


I sure wish Doordash would offer this extra pay more often than they normally do. It is offered during certain holidays with Thanksgiving and Christmas being the two most recent that come to mind, but it would be nice if they would randomly offer this extra pay once in a while to entice us Doordash drivers to get out there and make more deliveries. The extra pay may not seem like much, but if you dash all day and complete 15 or 20 dashes it can really add up.

Even though there are a few regions offer a $1 bonus or a $3 bonus, the majority of regions offer a $2 bonus. By completing 20 dashes during a day, a dasher would end up earning an extra $40 for the day. That would really entice most Doordash drivers to get on out there and dash. I am not saying that Doordash should offer bonus pay too frequently. I know that they have to make money, and by paying us dashers bonuses they are giving away money that they could otherwise keep as their profit, but surprising us every once in a while for no particular reason would be nice.






Why does Doordash offer the extra pay bonus during the holidays anyways? Are they expecting to be short on drivers for those days? The extra pay is used to entice drivers to make deliveries during the holiday. Most Doordash drivers will want to take the holiday off to spend time with their family. Doordash does expect to be short on drivers during the holidays, and as a reward to drivers that are willing to make deliveries during the holiday peak times, the extra pay is offered.

I was surprised that I was receiving back to back calls on Christmas Eve. I do not know how it was for those dashing on Christmas day as there was no dashing for me. I remember on Thanksgiving, there was not any calls. I did one delivery on Thanksgiving and called it a day and turned off my dash after hours of getting nothing. I guess during the holidays, there is usually still going to be customers ordering food. It will not be as busy as a regular day, but we have to remember that there are some people that do not celebrate the holidays or get together with their family. It is just a normal day to them, and there is no reason for them not to order from Doordash. As I have said though, this Christmas day is a no-dashing day for me! Merry Christmas!




2 comments:

  1. I'm Jewish so I'm glad to hear this. Happy Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Boxing Day to you sir. As an American, that was always one of those unfamiliar holidays that I would see as a kid on the calendar and wonder about. I still don't know anything about it. When I have the time I may just Google it :)

      Delete