Friday, August 26, 2022

Do restaruant workers realize that Dashers make more money than them?

There's a funny thing I have always noticed when talking to restaurant workers. Many of them are under the impression that food delivery gig workers are poor peasants. What I mean to say is that they think their job is a notch up above a dasher.

 

 

I am not criticizing anybody here. I respect anyone that works, and I am not saying that dashing is above a restaurant job, but when it comes to the amount of money that someone could make, it's not close.

Dashers earn much more than restaurant workers

I am generally speaking here of course. I know there may be a restaurant manager at some fancy restaurant making bank, but I am talking about your regular every day restaurant worker. Most of them are lucky if they are taking home $1500 to $2000 per month. Honestly, a  good portion of them are not even making that. Again, I have respect for any working person, but I am just giving the facts.






Top full-time Doordash drivers can easily earn $1500 per week or more. A dasher that works eight hours per day will never have a problem making at minimum $100. That would be on the low end and a very bad day. An eight hour day will usually bring in much more than that. If I am working an eight hour day, I'll need to see at minimum $200. Getting closer to $300 would be a good day.




Former Dashers working at restaurants

Every once in a while, I'll talk to a restaurant worker that says they used to be a Dasher. They always tell me that they instead chose to work at their restaurant job. This baffles my mind. Why would anyone choose the restaurant job over dashing? The only way this makes sense to me is if someone wanted to own their own restaurant one day and are trying to learn the ins and outs of management.





It could be that they got their Dasher account deactivated, or maybe they don't have a car anymore. There are reasons of course why a person cannot dash anymore. But, the thing is, these people speak as if it was a choice and that they are making more at their restaurant job than they did dashing. Geez! Maybe they just weren't very good at dashing. It makes no sense to me.

I didn't write this article to say that Dashers are better than restaurant workers. It was just in mind after thinking about many of the restaurant workers I have talked to and how they seem to belittle dashing. I just wanted to point out that there is generally a huge income difference. If you didn't know, now you know. But hey, love and respect to everyone because working people make the world go 'round.





No comments:

Post a Comment